Saturday, March 31, 2007

April fool

Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go. - Sylvia Robinson

I've never been good at letting go of certain things. Or at least not since I reached an age where letting go became an important concept. And I've never understood what makes people like me who have trouble letting go of stuff the way we are. Which, of course, is something else I can't let go of. (Sorry for ending the sentence with a preposition.)

Letting go...moving on. Is there a difference between the two? Why am I able to so easily let go of some things and not others? Is it ego? I certainly have more of that than I'd like to. And I'm also a lot more sentimental about things that surprise even me.

I'm not really going anywhere with this...just wanted to share the quote and hopefully solicit some opinions from folks who are good at moving on / letting things go...

Speaking of sentimentality, April 1st marks my seven year anniversary of sobriety. (Actually, the exact date was probably March 30th or 31st - or maybe April 2nd, I can't honestly remember. But April 1st is easier to remember, plus I like the symbolism of it being April Fools' Day. Thus, it has become Danny's Sobriety Anniversary {Observed} Day.) So...yay me. And that's something I don't mind not letting go of, anyway...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home