Thursday, March 15, 2007

happy ending

...no, not that kind.

Just got an update today on one of the first posts on this hyah site. In part, it read as follows...

...For the past few weeks, my sister and I have been trying to find a caring person to foster and/or adopt what might be considered a "special needs" animal. The following is my post regarding this wonderful dog on the equally wonderful Moonlady Yahoo Newsgroup in Dallas...

"I am desperately trying to help a very sweet, very friendly shepherd/collie mix who is badly in need of a new home. His name is Thunder, though you could certainly change his name to anything you want. He's somewhere between 1-1/2 to 2 years old. He's healthy, though I don't know if he's been fixed or is up to date on his shots. I'm guessing he might not be since his living arrangement is basically that he's tethered to a tree in his owner's back yard, never gets to go inside, and never gets any attention.

"He originally belonged to an older man who passed away a few months ago and the man's widow wants nothing to do with the dog...thus, the neglect.

"This dog loves kids and all people, but will need a special home as he's probably never been housebroken. He so deserves a good home and nice people to care for him.

"Is there anybody who might be interested in taking him in either as a foster or a permanent addition? If not, could you please pass this along to anyone else who might be able to help?"

...By a nice coincidence, we officially found him a new home tonight. Just a few minutes ago, a nice family in southern Oklahoma told me they'd love to foster the dog with the intention of adopting him permanently. They'll be picking him up this weekend to help him start a new, happier life.

Congratulations, pup and new family. Enjoy your new lives together. Thanks for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Anyway, out of the blue today, I got this update on Thunder...

"I just wanted to give you an update on Thunder. We have kept him and he is doing great. He gets along well with our German Shepherd (they make a beautiful pair) and our 5 year older daughter plays with them every day. She loves her dogs and they love her."

Does my heart good to hear that. I wish I could get news like that more often, but I'll take what I can get.

Good for Thunder and The Thunder Family.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I'm so proud of you for taking the initiative to find a home for him. You rock!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home