Saturday, February 03, 2007

"Darlin', don't you go and cut your hair..."

My good friend Shonda has more guts than I ever will. On March 24th, she's participating in a fairly creative fundraiser for children's cancer research. She tells the story better than I, so I'll quote from her MySpace blog about the event...

Shaving my...head

www.stbaldricks.org

Click on the Find a Participant, put in my name, donate on my head, and on March 24, I'll be shaving off what little hair I have right now. This is all for children's cancer research and the shaving is in solidarity for all the kids who lose their hair during chemo.

You're invited to come out to Trinity Hall on March 24 to watch this spectacle and to make sure I don't weenie out.


A quick link to her participant's page: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=1820#

And some info about the foundation and the good work they do:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/includes/downloads/stbaldricksnlannrpttab05.pdf

Please donate to her (and their) cause if you can. Her head's worth at least a few bucks, I can assure you. And make plans to attend the proceedings as it should be plenty entertaining at the very least...

Shonda...you rock.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I don't think I could ever do that! I've heard of people doing it to support someone they love who is losing their hair to chemo, but not as a fundraiser for kids you don't even know. That is AWESOME!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home