Monday, March 12, 2007

this is officially the damndest thing I've ever seen

Okay, so my elderly (in age, not spirit) cat, Tim, was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism last year. One of the less pleasant symptoms of the disease is that the cat starts peeing everywhere other than in his litter box. He's always been kind of a free spirit with regard to urination, so it was hard for me to pick up on quickly. Unfortunately, by the time I did, he'd pretty much transformed my entire bedroom floor into his own personal litter box.

The medication he's been taking since the diagnosis has helped quite a lot, but as those of you with cats probably know, once a cat has made a space his own in that regard, the battle's lost. After many attempts to get him to stop doing it, I've come to realize that it ain't happening. The only thing I can do is try to cover up the main places on the carpet where he likes to do his thing. As a result, my bedroom floor is littered (no pun intended) with a bunch of cake pans, baking sheets, plastic storage containers, etc. The strategy has worked about as well as can be expected...not totally eliminated, but a significant improvement.

Anyway, I get home today and am completely flabbergasted by what I find. Sandwiched in between his litter box, my stationary bike, and my CD case is a cupcake pan. Somehow - and I have to admit being totally impressed and perplexed as to how he pulled it off - the little bastard actually found a way to...well, just check out this photo:

If you can make out how the top left cupcake...uh, hole? What do they call those? Anyway, if you can see how it's a brownish-yellow while all the others are clear...yep. That crafty fucker somehow peed into that whatever it is. I am dumbfounded, yes, but also pretty impressed with his ingenuity and stream control. (Hell, he does better than most of us human guys with regard to lack of splatter.)

Just amazing. He is way too smart - and stubborn - for his own good. And I'm at a loss as to how to prevent a repeat occurance. Guess I'll just have to turn it upside down or something...

I love him to death. But he's gonna do me in eventually, I just know it...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is awfully talented.

But one head pat for you, and all is forgiven.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home