Thursday, August 23, 2007

wanted: amusing cliche about ships

Can't think of anything cute and/or clever to kick this post off...hate it when that happens. Anyway, I just thought I'd share a couple nice, inspirational-type quotes that by sheer coincidence both have to do with ships...

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
- William Shedd

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the sea.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I particularly appreciate the latter quote, as it kinda speaks to the faint goals I have in mind for myself at the moment. "Sink or swim" will have to wait until I figure out how deep or rough these waters are going to be...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home